1. How old are you and where do you currently live? I had to think about this… I’m 22 years old currently living in lovely Southampton.
2. How long have you been riding bmx for? First of all I was a scooter kid for 3 years, living the dream! Then I found a BMX and have now been riding for 8 years.
4. Can you do a backflip on a razor scooter? For sure!
5. How did you get involved with Case bmx Magazine? And what is it that you do for it? I moved to Southampton 2 years ago to study Graphic Design, this was when Netley was starting Case. Issue 3 I took over the role of designing the magazine and I bloody love it! Long nights, tight deadlines.
6. You just finished School recently, so what's next for Louis Smith? Haha! I got a job Designing for a local company, but unfortunately after 2 months I got sick of it! Now I have a little studio above Pijin BMX shop, screen printing t-shirts and designing websites… Early days but check www.printahoy.com.
7. Any plans of visiting America? Only if we can share beds?
8. Who would win in a fight, You or Mike Netley? Well if you know Netley well enough he becomes a bit of a trex on a night out. I’ll let him win.
9. If you had to pick Canned pasta or Cheesy toast to eat for a week straight, What would it be? Cheesy toast with marmite please!
10. Rap or Dubstep? I like a good old rap battle in the local kebab shop!
12. Older or Younger? Older!
13. Brad pitt or Johnny depp? Johnny pitt
14. Whats your favorite TV show, or what do you find yourself watching most? Ut oh. Bid Tv and price drop. If you don’t know what it is then check it out! If not Quest won’t fail with extreme engineering!
15. Are you married? I wish!
16. If you had to give a nice hug and kiss to any bmx shop owner, who and what shop would it be? John Pang at Pijin, he gives a good kiss and more, were not afraid!
17. Are You down to be a part of the Wolf Brand team/crew? Say yes!!!! Yes Sir!
18. What is your all time favorite trick to do on a bmx? Your superman seat grab Indian on Anthem.
19. Anything that you'd like to say to end this? I’m not gay… my boyfriend is!
What got you both into BMX? Lukas: My Dad has alot of bikes and got me one. He took me to the skate park and I loved it. Nathan: Lukas. And my Mom and Dad.
How many years have you been riding? Lukas: 5 years and I'm 8. Nathan: I'm 7 so 4 years.
Whats your favorite type of BMX riding? Lukas: Park. I want to ride trails but have to get better because they are so big in Pittsburgh. And, Mike Potoczny is building us a big ramp and box at Gaga's (grandma) house. Nathan: I like the rhythm lines at The Flow and Rays. And our Fresh Park ramps in the basement. And Gaga's ramp when its done.
Who are your sponsors? Both Boys: Vitaminwater and Wolf Brand Clothing for Freestyle. Dirty Harrys Bike Shop. We have race sponsors too. Ripxx, F1 Ceramic, Uni Seats and Blue Horseshoe Tattoo.
Who are your 5 favorite riders? Lukas: Kyle McRory, Ryan Wert, Taylor Mcrory, Tyler Valentik, and You (Mark Mulville) and Bret Banasiewicz....is that five? Nathan: Mark Mulville, Ryan Wert, McRory's, Adam Litwin, Mark Potoczny and Tyler Valentik cause he rides alot with us.
What is you favorite beverage to drink while riding? Lukas: Vitaminwater XXX Nathan: Vitaminwater Dragonfruit
What is your favorite food? Lukas: Mac-n-Cheese Nathan: Bacon*
These boys are total rippers, and there mom and dad are right behind them in every way. I thank the whole Halahan Family for all the help and support, and you should to if you cross paths with them.